This document has been carefully created by The Cabby UK to showcase our commitment to handling our clients personal information in a way that conforms with the new General Date Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR).
Information we collect and why We collect it when you make contact with The Cabby UK, we will collect and store the following pieces of information.
By using, The Cabby UK.
you give us permission to contact you in future regarding any
information regarding your order/service.
You have the right to access the personal data that we hold on you.
Should you wish to see a copy, or request to be amended or deleted;
We’ll confirm that we have received your request and let you know if we need anything else from you, then we will provide you with copies within a month.
You have the following rights:
The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- The right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of – date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
The Cabby UK.
Telephone: 07743 161656
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing)
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
How We Use Your Data
The Cabby UK
uses your personal data:
- To provide products and services to you;
- To allow us to process and fulfil your order/service details of the
- products/services that you have enquired about.
- To manage any account that you hold with us.
- To verify your identity.
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes.
- To contact you about products and services which we think may interest you.
- For market research purposes -to better understand your needs.
- To manage customer service interactions with you.
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs.
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services.
- Your correspondence and communications with us.
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes.
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a
- Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
- To contact you urgently should there be a problem with your order
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
- Your information may also be provided to our
- third-party service providers to complete the fulfilment of your order/service.
- Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required
- to do so:-
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders.
- Protecting customers,staff and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years,then we will ensure it is securely deleted.
How We Protect Your Data
Our security measures include:
We use security measures, including physical, administrative, and
technical safeguards to protect the confidentiality of your data.
These measures may include encryption,access controls,and other information security measures to help protect your Information.
We will not pass or sell your information to any third-party companies, other than those that assist in the fulfilment of your order/service.
We work with 3rd payment providers, these are Google and GoCardless.
We do not store any credit card details
Third party links
To provide increased value to our users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion.
You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such
websites, including (without limitation) any advertising,
content, products, goods or other materials or services on
or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources,
nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources
This site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track your interaction with this site. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website. Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system,none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you, but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third-party data processor.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. Most Browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that.
We will report any unlawful data breach of the database or the database(s) of any of our third-party data processors to all
relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
The data controller of this website is:
The Cabby UK.,
You have a right to access the personal data that we hold on you. Should you wish to see a copy, or request to be amended or deleted.
Data Protection Officer
The data protection officer is: The Cabby UK.,
Data Protection updated